Sunday, July 30, 2006

MISSING SPACES

The art of civilized manners depend on the skill of leaving space.

I grew up listening the stories of how my father worked to save the remains of a US airplane at Toros mountains sometime in 1950s. My father was a commando training officer.

Once I asked him to teach me to protect myself like a commando
soldier. He refused basicly. He taught me how to leave space
instead.

Isn’t it the same when driving a car? You have to leave space
btw the car at the front and your own.

It is the same in air traffic control (ATC). The ATC controllers
communicate with the pilots and arrange things so that there is
always enough physical space btw airplanes.

Actually, this space can be not only physical but also abstract.
we must leave space for the mistakes, weaknesses of others in
order to be safe…

On July the 15th, 19:25 O’Clock. Over Camlica hill at Istanbul
I saw a ‘heavily’ loaded airplane(airbus), which may be THY…
If the structural capacity of a system is used fully for a long
duration, this means increased risk according to a normal load,
specially at landing in wet conditions, etc…

I wish, his graceful excellency Mr. PUTIN could make
an arrangement so that these people carrying goods in their
baggages would use other means that do not endanger
anybody. It is not fare to risk people’s lives because of
confrontation or some other reason on both government sides.

The iron fist Russian rules mixed with weakness in authority at
Istanbul may prove deadly.

What is the difference btw Rome and Istanbul?
The public squares in Rome are much bigger. There are wide
pedestrian areas and traffic crossroads in Rome. Something
to think about for my fellow citizens. Strategic limits should
be applied before it gets too late.

"