Saturday, August 31, 2019

Why I did not continue serving RHEIN RADAR ATC center.


To: DIRECTOR GENERAL EUROCONTROL(THROUGH OFFICIAL CHANNELS)
From: Ali R+ SARAL DEI5 Eurocontrol Software Team KARLSRUHE
Date: Nov 10, 1994

            Recently I have been to EUROCONTROL offices in Brussels.  During my  various contacts with my colleagues, I have heard some comments about  'the practices of police in Turkey'. 

            I would like to inform you and my other colleagues that I do not come from a parent organization.  I have applied for my current position individually through the news paper advertisements of the organization.  I do not have any connection to the Turkish government, neither do I represent her.  I have never applied to serve as a civil servant in Turkey although I did serve  for the obligatory military service of 1.5 years.  My only relation with the Turkish government is my Service Passport. 

            I was the first Turkish employee of the organization in Germany.   During the first year of my service there, when I was returning to  Germany from summer vacation, I was refused by Lufthansa to be taken to the airplane due to the fragility of the documents that I had been given by the organization.  I missed my flight.  On my arrival the next day, I was invited to the police station at the Frankfurt airport together with other false visa - false passport suspects. 

            The German government is still refusing to give me a working permit and a residence permit.  As a permanent solution, I was advised by the organization to apply personally to the Turkish Consulate for a Service Passport.  

            It is ludicrous for me to hear comments about democracy in Turkey,  because I was a secretly elected student representative in my high school  Ankara Fen Lisesi-Ankara, Turkey in the years 1977, 1978 when the high  school students did not have the right of representation.  During my university years 1978 - 1982, I have refused to give donation to ITU-DER, the student organization of Istanbul Technical University, which was dominated by DEV-SOL's left terrorist bullies.  I have not given a damn to the continuous death threats that I have received because of this in the years 1978, 1979. 

            Within this context, I would like to remark that although European intellectuals try to support the Turkish democracy  at every single occasion nowadays, they were much more silent in the past.  During the years of Cold War indeed, the West was supporting the Turkish government at the expense of Turkish democracy. 

            Given the above, I will appreciate if you could attain that my colleagues in Brussels are well informed about who is who and what has happened and is happening in Turkey before they try to perform any more sleight of comments. 

            I will appreciate if your secretary sends me an acknowledgement of receipt.